Saturday, May 3, 2008

Thank God for Tide Sticks

I was pretty nervous for my first day of work, but as many say, "It will never be as bad as you think it will be." Well, I wasn't thinking that about 10 minutes in.

I decided to skip the normal way that I would commute because I was too nervous to screw up the train or have it be delayed and I didn't want to be late on my first day. Crossing the street to get my daily Starbucks fix, I completely wipe out on the pavement. Of course it had to be wet outside (the only wet morning), so the pants of my new suit were soaked. The suit was a light grey, so the were basically black.

Good thing I had a half hour to wait for my pants to dry - that would've been fun to explain. As I was falling for 5 minutes straight, over and over and over, my passport and ipod went flying. Someone was nice enough to care that I was flat on the ground and obviously American. She said "It's the rain - it'll get you every time." Lordy, let's hope not!

No comments: