Thursday, February 5, 2009

Look out Chicago!

It's snowing in Dublin! At the time of this post, the snow has basically gone even though there were a few flurries this morning as I waited on the train. However on Monday, there was snow EVERYWHERE!! I knew that it was snowing in England as I watched if fall during the Liverpool match on Sunday but I still didn't believe that it would head this way. Lucky us! Well, lucky until it started to hinder transportation...

We woke up to find snowflakes:

Covering the driveway:


Look at the poor car!

Yep - it's officially snowing.

My train station from my current client...it snowed all day (as you can tell, I go to work in the dark and leave in the dark - it is getting lighter a little earlier and dark a little later but it's still only light from about 8:30 - 5:00).


In Leixlip it was MUCH snowier than in town. My walk from the train station:


First official snowman - haha!

Drive into the estate from the train station:

And the fun begins...

Much better aim than I thought:

It's thick!
It was so freaking cold that making a snowman was aborted, but there were lots of snowball fights on the field (or pitch as they call it here) - including a few neighbors. That night the transportation issues started. The following 2 days, the snow started to melt and turned the roads into ice. We live at the bottom of a hill, so cars had to be parked at the top as on Monday we were sliding down it to the point where the cars at the bottom of the hill backed up just in case.
A co-worker said that it may start to snow again, so here we go!

No comments: